Sunday, December 5, 2010

Shining a Light on Pregnacy Hysteria

So Friday night I officially had my first emotional breakdown.  I was hanging the garland and lights on the banister as Dean was putting lights on the tree.  I looked over and saw the bright, big lights and started crying.  I don't like those lights.  They're too bright and there are holes.  This is not going to work.

I couldn't stop crying.  Dean went to the store to see if he could find white lights and I muttered as tears streamed down my face while he was gone.  When he returned, I almost burst out laughing at the fact I was crying over lights, deep down, I still really didn't like the lights.

Well, we're keeping the lights this year, but next year it'll be something new. 
I'm definitely feeling challenged that I am not able to do as much or enjoy as much this season.  I am so blessed to have a baby be the reason, but I have high expectations of the Christmas season and don't want to miss out on anything.  I keep telling myself this year will look different, but next year there will be a baby looking at our Christmas tree lights.  There will be a baby to put in the front yard in the manger of our nativity...

3 comments:

  1. your tree looks beautiful--tears happen with babies coming..love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your tree ...very pretty
    I love the dif colors. My tree has
    just white lights but next year I will add some purple and pink ones.
    and I love this blog my dear neice.
    lots of lots
    auntie Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could come and play in our nine inches of snow......

    ReplyDelete